Events in June 2020
- There are no events scheduled during this period.
Born in Botswana, raised in Port Elizabeth and like a fine wine matured in the city of roses Bloemfontein; Helen Namponya is a respected corporate MC, moderator, communications practitioner and event coordinator.
Ms Helen, as she is fondly known, holds a Bachelor of Arts in Media Studies as well as two Bachelor of Arts Honours in Communication Science and Film and Visual Media. Additionally, she holds certificates in Project Management and Advancement and Resource Mobilisation. She is currently reading for her Master of Arts in Film and Visual Media at the University of the Free State. She has a strong interest in storytelling with her exposure to different cultures easing her interaction with diverse groups.
As a broadcaster, she has interviewed media personalities, politicians and dignitaries, criminals and game changers. Anchoring CUT FMʼs flagship Unrestricted Sundays, centred on human interest, her in-depth interviewing style led to her becoming a firm listener favourite.
In 2017 and 2018, she lent her skills to South African Tourismʼs 4Cities campaign as the Casting Director for the Free State province.
- 2017 – 2018 : Co-Producer and Anchor: The Shaxe and Helen Show top The Violence –State of the People Round Table (Facebook TV)
- 2016 – 2017 : Co-Producer and Anchor: Unrestricted Sundays (CUT FM)
- 2015 : Early Night Entertainment Anchor: Party Zone with Enrico Klopper and Lerato Lelia (OFM)
- 2012 : Night Time Entertainment Anchor: The Urban Massive with Kenzy Vinco (OFM)
- 2010 – 2011 Producer and Anchor: Hlasela TV (Free State TV)
- 2009 – 2010 : Co-Producer and Anchor: Unrestricted Weekends with Smash Africa and Miss Helen 14h00 – 17h00 (Kovsie FM)
- 2009 : Entertainment Anchor: Breakfast with Shaxe 06h00 – 09h00 (Kovsie FM)
She has been a corporate MC and moderator for gala dinners, product launches, campus tours, award ceremonies and fireside chats. More recently, she played a key role as moderator of World Intellectual Property Day celebrations, Mental Health Awareness Silent Auctions, the Standard Bank Top Womenʼs Conference and the UFS Chancellorʼs Distinguished Alumni Awards. She is also a respected talent and pageant judge.
As a confident and versatile speaker, Helen has facilitated and moderated panel discussions for World Intellectual Property Day, National Community Radio Week, Standard Bankʼs Top Womenʼs Conference, Mental Health Awareness and Miss Commonwealth South Africa in addition to hosting many corporate events, launches, awards ceremonies and fireside chats. Furthermore, she is the official Chancellorʼs MC, selected by UFS Chancellor, Dr Khotso Mokhele. Respected for her depth of knowledge, she speaks primarily to female audiences on topics which include:
- Personal branding
- Gender parity and diversity
- Women in media
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution and the role of women